WHO U REFER
MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE
UCLA Health Employee Referral Program
Thanks to the outstanding people who choose to work here – people like you – UCLA Health has become an award-winning, world-renowned health care leader. In fact, U.S. News & World Report named us the #1 hospital in all of California, #6 in the entire nation!
To maintain our position of leadership in the health care field, UCLA Health needs to continually attract, select and retain the top-tier talent that will impact our organization in a positive, meaningful way. One of the most effective ways to attract this talent is by incentivizing our best employees to refer the best talent. You know what it takes to succeed here because you HAVE what it takes! With your help, we can continue to attract the most capable talent our community has to offer.
How it all works.
Employee Referral Program Tiers
Employee Referral Program Guidelines
The vacant job position must be posted on UCLA Health Careers.
- Only career positions qualify for this referral program.
- Per Diem/Contract/Limited/Casual Restricted openings do not qualify. Exceptions to these requirements will be made only when job posting specifically states otherwise.
- All referral eligible positions are designated by Talent Acquisition.
All employees are eligible for participation, with the exception of the HR/Recruitment departments, those directly responsible for the referred applicant’s hiring decision, and employees in SMG (Senior Management Group) and/or MSP (Management and Senior Professional) title groups at MSP 5 and above.
- Employees cannot receive a referral award for referring another internal UCLA Health employee.
Referral information must be submitted to Talent Acquisition through the Employee Referral Program portal.
- The “Referring Employee” will receive an email from the Employee Referral Program portal verifying the entry of the referral information.
- For Tier 2 and 3 referrals, the “Referred Individual” will receive an email from the Employee Referral Program portal with a link to the open position to which they have been referred. For Tier 1 referrals, the “Referred Individual” will receive an email inviting them to search and apply for career opportunities at UCLA Health.
- The “Referred Individual” must list the “Referring Employee’s” name on their online application.
- The initial employee to refer an individual to UCLA Health will receive the referral credit if the “Referred Individual” gets hired into any referral eligible position at UCLA Health. Thus, the employee will not need to refer the same individual more than once.
Referral Award and Referral Gift
Upon confirmation of successful referral, (i.e., the “Referred Individual” has accepted the offer, cleared onboarding, and started in their new role), the “Referring Employee” will receive a successful referral gift. If eligible for a referral award, it will be initiated six months after the referred employee’s date of hire and will take approximately 3-4 weeks to process. Referral awards are issued alongside your regular earnings through UCPath and are considered income, and are subject to appropriate taxes.