Nursing New Graduates
At UCLA Health, you’ll begin a career journey at an institution that is continually setting new standards for nursing excellence. You’ll be challenged and rewarded as you build a skill set that is unmatched anywhere.
Where your career path takes you depends a great deal on where you start. At UCLA Health, you’ll start by working with world-class colleagues in a supportive and collaborative environment, building the skills you need to provide leading-edge care for our patients and a fulfilling career for yourself. Whichever program you choose to pursue here, you will be challenged and empowered on every level, and you’ll have all the tools you need to succeed.
Nursing Summer Externship
At UCLA Health, you can find the best path toward a successful nursing career. Our Summer Externship program allows you to work in two specialty areas to help you make the career decision that’s right for you.
This unpaid program is open to senior year BSN candidates and has limited externship positions available at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital, and The Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA.
To qualify, you must have completed your junior year in a BSN program, as well as one clinical rotation, prior to the start of the program.
For more information, please contact SMonsein@mednet.ucla.edu or call toll-free: 1-866-895-6690.
New Graduate Residency Program
At UCLA Health, you can build on your nursing education while you get the support and guidance you need for success. Working under the guidance of world-class professionals, you get the tools you need to create a path to success.
The New Graduate Nurse Residency Program at UCLA Health allows you to see first-hand how the quality of each patient’s complete experience reflects our own understanding of why we’re really here.
Candidates will be assigned based on several criteria, including the background of the individual Resident, and needs and availability within UCLA Health.
The New Graduate Residency Program is offered twice annually, in winter and summer, with each program lasting approximately one year. A BSN or MSN is required. Opportunities may be available in a variety of specialty areas.
- California Rehabilitation Institute
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Community Memorial Hospital Ventura
- Encino Hospital Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital
- Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Multiple Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- Olive View Medical Center
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center
- Providence St. John’s Health Center
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- St. Johns Oxnard
- St. Johns Pleasant Valley
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
- West Hills Hospital & Medical Center/Grossman Burn Center
- West Los Angeles VA Medical Center