You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
The Biodesign Innovation Fellowship is an exciting year-long entrepreneurial opportunity starting in Summer 2020 for experienced professionals in medicine, nursing, engineering, design, and business. We’re bringing together a best-in-class interdisciplinary team to prototype and develop technologies to solve challenging health care needs. As a UCLA Biodesign Fellow, you will interface with faculty from UCLA’s Schools of Engineering, Business, and the David Geffen School of Medicine and learn a framework for clinical innovation and entrepreneurship at UCLA Health, a nationally ranked health system and leading academic medical center.
You will spend your first three months in clinical immersion in order to identify meaningful clinical needs, followed by dedicated validation and development time alongside industry mentors. To make your ideas a reality, you will enjoy the support of UCLA Health’s vast resources, such as health IT support and data scientists as well as state-of the-art prototyping, fabrication, bench-top testing, and patient simulation facilities.
UCLA is ranked as the leading university for start-up formation globally by the Milken Institute. UCLA Health is ranked as the No. 1 hospital in California. In this stimulating and supportive setting, exceptionally gifted professionals in a wide array of disciplines are defining the future of patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, you can with the Biodesign Innovation Fellowship.
- A background in engineering and computer science (MS/PhD), design (MS), business (MBA), nursing (MSN), or medicine (MD), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in product/software development, product design, or engineering preferred.
- A strong interest in technology development and a proven record of entrepreneurial activities would be highly desirable.
- As part of the online application, please upload and submit the following two (2) items:
- Statement of interest in Biodesign (500 words maximum)
- Current resume/CV (three page maximum)
If invited for an in-person interview, you will need to provide two letters of reference addressed to “Dear Selection Committee.”