You can provide the tools necessary to deliver cutting-edge health care and groundbreaking research. As part of our Information Technology team, you’ll ensure that our medical professionals have access to the latest breakthroughs in technology, and you’ll play a key role in protecting our global patient community.
Take on a critical IT role in a world-class health system. Leverage Big Data to deliver big life-changing solutions. Take your unique professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As our Splunk Lead, you will implement and support Splunk’s artificial intelligence, machine learning and enterprise security capabilities within our IT environment. You will:
- Standardize and troubleshoot Splunk forwarder deployments, configurations and maintenance across UNIX, Windows and Virtualization platforms and API Connectors
- Lead the design and maintenance of production-quality dashboards and customized reports
- Provide Splunk training
- Design, support, maintain and monitor the Splunk infrastructure for performance and capacity planning and optimization
- Document implementation requirements and best practices
- Provide hands on direction as well as thought leadership
- Lead resolution of performance and scalability problems
- Participate in infrastructure and applications design reviews
- Coordinate internal ISS CareConnect performance testing and metrics with Epic performance testing team
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
We’re seeking a highly-skilled IT leader with:
- A minimum of seven years of experience managing, configuring, and administering a multi-site distributed Splunk environment, including developing dashboard and alert solutions for custom data sources
- Splunk Architect Certification for Splunk Enterprise 6.x/7.x.
- Solid experience deploying, managing, and optimizing enterprise security and IT service intelligence
- In-depth knowledge of Splunk’s artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Background in security operation centers
- Advanced level experience with regular expressions, bash, powershell, and python
- Ability to create clear, organized, and comprehensive documentation
- Experience in integration design supporting mission-critical, 24/7 business processes
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, you can at UCLA Health.