You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Reporting to the simulation center Directors and Operations Manager, you will provide technical and coordination support for simulation-based training. In this role, you will be responsible for setup and operation of high tech computers, simulators and clinical equipment, coordination of audio-visual service and troubleshooting and maintenance and operation of simulators and supplies, including screen-based simulation programs, procedural task training models, virtual reality simulators and full body computerized manikins.
Our Simulation Specialist will also be responsible for coordination and accountability for educational activities and assigned projects and organization and maintenance of simulation facilities, including documentation of best practices.
In this role, you will interact with faculty, staff, students and the public on a regular basis as a professional representative of the UCLA Simulation Center.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in health-related field, science, engineering, or education) preferred
- Experience and strong technical skills with audiovisual equipment.
- Experience in coordinating educational activities and programs.
- Physical ability to lift, move, and set up equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Organizational and time management skills to maintain materials in order, track multiple courses/projects, and follow through assignments to completion in timely manner.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and problem solve quickly.
- Able to work evening/weekends.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical experience preferred.