You can use your expertise, compassion, and kindness to transform the patient experience. When you join UCLA Health as a nurse, you’ll deliver leading-edge care as you build an exceptional career with a health system that’s consistently ranked among the best in the country.
Make a significant impact with a world-class health system. Contribute to award-winning, Magnet™-designated patient care. Experience unequaled professional rewards. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As an operating room nurse, you will serve as a scrub and circulating nurse while providing direct patient care using the nursing process and evidence-based practice. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary professional team as you contribute to cutting edge and innovative surgical procedures. Our mission involves you supporting research and education to staff and students. This role has a varied schedule that includes call assignments on nights, weekends, and holidays.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
We’re seeking a highly-skilled, self-motivated nursing professional with:
· A minimum of two years of experience circulating and scrubbing in an operating room environment
· Ability to perform comprehensive patient assessments and develop/deliver appropriate interventions, involving patients, family and staff
· Exceptional communication, prioritization, organization and designating skills
· Thorough understanding of medical/surgical terminology
· Knowledge of EHR charting
· ACLS and PALS recommended
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN. Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.